The Jack Copland Centre (JCC)
The JCC is the national centre for the Scottish National Blood Transfusion Service (SNBTS), providing blood, tissue and cell manufacturing and testing facilities for Scotland.
Jack Copland Centre
52 Research Avenue North
Heriot-Watt Research Park
Find out how to get to the JCC on Vimeo.
Key contacts at the JCC
- JCC Reception: 0131 314 5510 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)
- JCC Manufacturing Laboratory: 0131 314 1794, 0131 314 1795 (this is a 24 hour service)
- JCC Dispatch Laboratory: 0131 314 1793 (this is a 24 hour service)
- 24 hour emergency contact for processing and dispatch: 07979 842 885
Head of Manufacturing: Audrey Thwaits
- Telephone: 0131 314 5767 (8:15am to 4:30pm)
Processing Laboratory Manager: Mark Gray
- Telephone: 0141 433 5820
Routine hours: 8:30am to 4:30pm
Out-of-hours: 4:30pm to 8:30am
Glasgow Dispatch Hub (GDH)
GDH is our wholesale blood component distribution centre for hospitals in the west of Scotland.
Around 55% of our national stock is held at GDH with blood components transferred daily from the JCC to Glasgow.
West of Scotland Blood Transfusion Centre
25 Shelley Road
Find out how to get to the GDH on Google Maps.
Key contacts at GDH
- 24 hour emergency contact number: 07766 510 359
- 24 hour direct dial for GDH: 0141 433 5803
Laboratory Manager: Gillian McCarrol
- Telephone: 0141 433 5849