Get support with clinical negligence cases
Published on 25 September 2020
We represent and advise NHS boards when they receive claims and court actions relating to clinical negligence.
Our solicitors have specialist skills in dealing with these complex cases in a professional manner.
We understand the impact that these claims and cases can have on employees accused of negligence. We also know the importance of them to the patients involved in making the claims.
What clinical negligence support can our solicitors provide?
- Investigation, assessment and advice to health boards on the validity of claims and actions.
- Liaising with patients’ solicitors to deal with claims in a proactive way.
- Support and discussion with staff who may be witnesses in relation to clinical negligence claims.
- Involvement of expert witnesses to provide assistance in assessing and defending claims and actions when appropriate.
- Dealing with the court process, including the instruction of advocates, on the instruction of health boards. Appearing in court and instructing counsel are also part of the process.
Get in touch
If your health board needs advice about a potential claim or case related to alleged clinical negligence, or you act for a patient, please get in touch. We'll connect you with the Litigation team that deals with the health board involved.
Telephone: 0131 2757800