Request support with a public inquiry
Published on 28 September 2020
Public inquiries can be set up by the Scottish or UK governments. They review matters that are considered to be in the public interest. These public inquiries often involve the NHS in Scotland, including health boards and centralised functions. They can cover various matters, some of which may be controversial.
When a public inquiry is announced, we can bring extensive experience in representing the interests of the NHS in Scotland at the inquiry. We’ll also provide support throughout. There are often numerous parties involved.
We can make arrangements to ensure sufficient resource is in place to deal with the public inquiry properly.
What guidance can our solicitors provide with public health inquiries?
- Advice on the preparation for and representation at a public inquiry.
- Liaise with the Public Inquiry team on behalf of health boards and the wider NHS in Scotland.
- Arrange for representation by experienced advocates at a public inquiry.
- Assist and advise in relation to documentation and witnesses for a public inquiry.
We’re currently involved in representing various health boards and parts of the NHS in the:
- Infected Blood Inquiry
- Scottish Hospitals Public Inquiry
Get in touch
If you think you may need advice about, or representation at, a public inquiry please get in touch. We'll connect you with the Head of Litigation or one of the team leaders in the Litigation teams.
Telephone: 0131 2757800