National Security Operations Centre
Published on 04 September 2020
The National Security Operations Centre (SOC) for NHS Scotland provides a range of security monitoring and response capabilities for our national services and across all health boards in Scotland.
How Security Operations Centre can help
Security monitoring and response
We identify and respond to potential threats using tools such as:
- Windows Advanced Threat Protection (ATP)
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- Vulnerability scanners
- NCSC Active Cyber Defence.
Our analysts review alerts from a range of sources. We work with health boards across NHS Scotland as well as suppliers, security partners and NHS Digital (England) to resolve issues.
The SOC works with security peers in partnership and external organisations to respond to threats. We run a national public sector security operations centre leaders group in Scotland. The SOC also works with National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) analysts on a daily basis to dig deeper into threats that could impact NHS Scotland.
When an incident does occur, we are ready to provide prioritised actions to help health boards tackle the threat. These include:
- Tracking and tracing affected infrastructure
- Real time configuration to contain or address incidents
- Engaging expert support, such as digital forensic expertise, from third parties.
Get in touch
Contact the National Security Operations Centre at email@example.com or call 0131 275 6000.
Our address is:
1 S Gyle Cres