We represent and advise NHS boards when they receive claims and court actions relating to clinical negligence.
Our solicitors have specialist skills in dealing with these complex cases in a professional manner.
We understand the impact that these claims and cases can have on employees accused of negligence. We also know the importance of them to the patients involved in making the claims.
How can we help with clinical negligence cases?
Our litigation solicitors can:
- investigate, assess and advise health boards on the validity of claims and actions
- liaise with patients' solicitors to deal with claims in a proactive way
- support staff who may be witnesses in relation to clinical negligence claims
- get expert witnesses to provide assistance in assessing and defending claims and actions when appropriate
- deal with the court process, including the instruction of advocates, on the instruction of health boards (appearing in court and instructing counsel are also part of the process).
Get in touch
If your health board needs advice about a potential claim or case related to alleged clinical negligence, or you act for a patient, please get in touch. We'll connect you with the Litigation team that deals with the health board involved.
Telephone: 0131 275 7800