The NSS Research, Development and Innovation (RDI) Office co-ordinates a network of subject matter experts who help innovators introduce new technology, products or processes which enhance health and care services in Scotland.
Health and care services are complex. Innovators must ensure that their work complies with robust patient and workforce safety, digital security and regulatory standards.
Our team supports and engages with a range of innovation pathways:
- The ANIA pathway
- Regional innovation hubs and test beds
- Scottish Health Improvement Partnership (SHIP)
- Innovation leads in other NHS boards
We support the Innovation Regulation group which includes understanding of development in Scotland for Medical Device Regulation.
The RDI Office team has produced a strategy document which outlines our vision and strategic aims from 2021 to 2024. The document is available from our publications library.
We work with partners including NHS Education for Scotland, Health Improvement Scotland and the Centre for Sustainable Delivery.
The RDI Office provides:
- Service Adoption Readiness tools and resources enabling innovators to assess their readiness for approaching a Scottish health innovation pathway
- Subject Matter Experts information and advice on evidence requirements, regulation, standards, engaging clinical networks, business case development and digital infrastructure, including cybersecurity and artificial intelligence
- Programme and Project Management with specialist experience in service re-design projects and innovation implementation projects
- Innovator links with NSS Directorates to help your enquiry reach the right team
- Workshops for innovators in partnership with enterprise agencies
Get in touch
To find out more please contact NSS.RDIOffice@nhs.scot.