Published on 01 June 2021
The Assure intelligence service will support NHS boards with monitoring and management of built environment risks. This support will help improve access to data and develop modern intelligence systems.
How Assure intelligence works
Currently, NHS boards use a number of systems to gather, contain and analyse information about the built environment in their area.
This information needs to be robust and easily available so that boards can make decisions on the management of the environment, targeting safety and cleanliness, and to proactively identify any potential problems.
The Intelligence service will support boards through a number of initiatives. These include developing a national data and intelligence strategy to:
- identify national objectives
- align the work of the service with NHS Scotland Assure priorities
- identify system development opportunities
- harness emerging enabling technologies in the healthcare environment
- the development of a national Common Data Environment
- undertaking a gap analysis of current local and national systems and data sources.
This will drive the improvement plan by identifying the areas for focus to support boards in decision-making and providing assurance of the safety of the healthcare environment.
Get in touch
Contact us to find out more about the intelligence service.