Find information on prescription submissions, as well as retrieving copies of your submitted prescriptions.
Contractors must dispatch prescription forms to arrive at PSD Scanning Centre, NHS National Services Scotland, 3 Bain Square, Livingston, EH54 7DQ in line with the Community Pharmacy Scotland courier dates (detailed below).
Best practices for prescription submission
There are certain best practices to adhere to when it comes to prescription submission.
- ensure your pharmacy details are clearly printed or stamped in the top right hand side of all prescriptions
- keep separate GP10A Stock order form with invoices/PC70s etc
- don't use staples, sticky labels, paperclips, post-it notes or tape; ensure these are removed from prescription forms that are submitted for claiming payment
- tightly secure prescriptions with elastic bands before placing in transit bags or boxes
- use 2 bags if you have more than 6,000 forms; don't overfill the bag or use the same bag if opened. Call Community Pharmacy Scotland on 0131 466 3540 for more bags.
- include your fully completed GP34 Declaration form
- not using staples or paper clips.
Should you have any further enquiries, please contact the PSD Scanning Centre on 01506 705120 or 01506 705125 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Pharmacy Scotland Courier Dates
Access courier dates for prescription submission, preceded by the month in question.
Retrieve a copy of a submitted prescription
Practitioner Services are happy to provide dispensing contractors with a scanned copy of prescriptions submitted for processing.
To obtain a copy of a prescription, please request a prescription retrieval request form from:
Phone: 01506 705100 Email: email@example.com This service only applies to prescription forms submitted to Bain Square.