This series gives comprehensive advice and guidance to healthcare management, design engineers, estate managers and operations managers on the legal requirements, design applications, maintenance and operation of hot and cold water supply, storage and distribution systems in all types of healthcare premises. It applies to both existing and new sites either owned by the NHS or via PFI/PPP funding. It also applies to modifications and changes to existing premises. A risk assessment should be carried out to determine, highlight and record where it may not be reasonable or technically possible to implement the SHTM 04-01 guidance.
- Part A: design, installation and testing
- Part B: operational management
- Part C: TVC testing protocol
- Part D: disinfection of domestic water systems
- Part E: alternative materials and filtration
- Part F: chloramination of water supplies
- Part G: operational procedures and exemplar written scheme
*This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to assist where possible and practicable. It would be helpful if you tell us what format you need and advise on any assistive technologies you are using.