As a GP locum, you can join the NHS pension scheme if you meet the following criteria:
- you are on the medical performers list
- you undertake locum work directly for an NHS GMS, PMS, APMS practice or appraisal work.
Full guidance materials are available on the British Medical Association website.
The guidance materials include information about:
- how much you need to pay in
- your employer contributions
- restrictions on pensioning your work
- opting out of the scheme
- the forms you need to fill in
- how your pension is calculated.
Locum pension forms
Locum A and B forms are available for paying superannuation contributions, and must be completed by the 5th of each month.
These include the Form B supplement for money purchase additional voluntary contributions (AVC).
Access the locum pension forms to fill out and send to your relevant office.
Making locum pension scheme payments
If you want to make a payment into your pension scheme for GP locums, use the NSS online payment portal to do so.
Please check your eligibility for the NHS pension scheme and ensure that forms A and/or B have been approved and you know the necessary amount to pay.
Please send completed forms to the relevant contact below:
All regional offices: email@example.com