- What is financial crime?
- What is ‘insider threat’?
- The Fraud Ratio
- Unusual behaviour in the workplace
- Risk areas
- What types of threat do organisations experience?
- What does the insider threat look like?
- Privileged users
- Robust recruitment
- Behavioural 'red flags'
- What can you do to protect your organisation?
- Glossary of terms
- References and additional reading
The threat that comes from inside our organisation is real and needs to be addressed in a sensible way. It is much better to have an open and honest workplace where people feel able to voice their concerns rather that an environment which fosters suspicion and fear. We should address the issue of insider threat by having it noted in our organisational/departmental Risk Register and we should be aware of changes that could affect the balance in the workplace and leave us more at risk.