The objectives of the 2017 Point Prevalence Survey (PPS) in Long Term Care Facilities (LTCF) were to:
- Measure the prevalence of Healthcare Associated Infection (HAI) and to describe the types of HAI occurring in LTCF.
- Measure the prevalence of antimicrobial use and describe the types of antimicrobials prescribed.
- Describe the organisation of Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) and antimicrobial stewardship programmes.
- Identify priority areas for interventions to prevent and control HAI and improve antimicrobial prescribing.
- Identify priority areas for training and/or additional IPC and antimicrobial stewardship resources.
- Contribute to the Europe-wide HALT-3 study.
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to assist where possible and practicable. It would be helpful if you tell us what format you need and advise on any assistive technologies you are using.
Disclaimer: Documents published before 16 March 2020 were produced by Health Protection Scotland (HPS).