Browse National Services Scotland
- Blood and blood components
- Blood products
- Emergency blood
- Pre-transfusion tests
- Antenatal testing
- Request forms and samples
- Adverse transfusion reactions
- Reference Red Cell Serology / Obstetric Serology Tests and availability
- Red cell investigation request forms and samples
- Clinical policies and guidelines
- Additional resources for transfusion
- Contact your local transfusion lab
Blood, tissues and cells
Supplying and delivering blood components that are tested, safe and ready for transfusion across Scotland.
Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics
Laboratory and clinical services to match organ donations and specialist blood components and to investigate certain conditions.
Tests and services available through our transfusion laboratories.
National Microbiology Reference Unit
Reference laboratory providing confirmatory testing service for blood borne infections.
Using apheresis technology to treat patients with a range of conditions.
SNBTS Transfusion Team
Improving and maintaining safe and effective blood transfusion for the patients of Scotland.
Tissues and Cells
Co-ordination, collection, processing, testing, storage and supply of human tissues and cells. For use in surgery and patient care.
Advanced Therapeutics is an international leading developer and manufacturer of Advanced Therapy and Medicinal Products (ATMPs).
- Antimicrobial Resistance and Healthcare Associated Infection
- Blood, tissues and cells
- Countering fraud
- Dental services
- Digital systems and security
- Health facilities
- Medical services
- National programmes
- National Screening Oversight
- NHS Scotland Assure
- Ophthalmic services
- Patient exemptions
- Patient support schemes
- Pharmacy services
- Procurement and logistics
- Specialist healthcare